The Physical Recreation section of the Award encourages young people to participate in sport and other physical recreation for the improvement of health and fitness.
Encouraging healthy behaviours has benefits, not only for participants but also for their communities, whether through improved health, or active participation in team activities. This Section specifically aims to improve the health, team skills, self-esteem and confidence of participants.
Examples of Physical Recreation
- Ball sports - football, rugby, volleyball, basketball, cricket, golf, tennis
- Athletics - running, jumping, throwing, biathlon, triathlon, decathlon
- Water sports - canoeing, kayaking, swimming, water polo, diving, kite boarding
- Winter sports - skiing, snowboarding, curling, bobsleigh, ice hockey
- Martial arts - karate, judo, kickboxing, boxing, taekwondo, kendo
- Animal sports - horse riding, polo
- Bronze - At least 3 months
- Silver - At least 6 months
- Gold - At least 12 months
“Challenge yourself to improve your performance, health and fitness.”
Click Button Online Record Book to Sign Up
Contact GBM operator for more examples of the Service you can do, and information on how to sign up for the Award.